Alerts can be created directly on the Alert Entries page.
Make sure you've run through the Initial set up for Alerts before creating an Alert manually.
- Locate and open Alert Entries page via search.
- Click New and specify each field required (see below for full table list).
Field Explanation Table
Set the table to monitor for changes. See Set the tables, pages, fields and events used for Alerts.
The type of change monitored. See What are alert triggers?.
Event Code Specifies the event that will trigger the Alert (only required when Trigger is set to Event) Enabled Alert Enables monitoring the specified Table for changes Description Specify a description for this Alert. Optional. Page Name The Page opened when viewing the affected record from an User Alert or Alert Email. Optional. No. of Fields The number of Fields that are monitored for this Alert. This is relevant where Trigger is Field Change. Drill down on this hyperlink to edit the fields. See Setting which fields should be monitored on an Alert No. of Filters
The number of Filters applied to this Alert. Drill down on this hyperlink to edit the filters. See Filtering when an Alert triggers.
No. of Recipients The number of Recipients this Alert will be distributed to. Enter Recipient details in the Recipients section at the bottom of the screen. See Change who an alert is send to. Has Occurred Specifies if this Alert has occurred at least once
- Optionally define the filter condition by selecting Filters, selecting a Filter Condition and entering the relevant conditions. See Filtering when an Alert triggers.
- Optionally select an Email Template or specify Alert Email Text by selecting Email. See Alert Email and Setting up the email template used for Alerts.
- Optionally select Recipients by entering recipient details under the Recipients section. See Change who an alert is send to.
- Optionally select the distribution schedule. Select Schedule. See How to schedule Alerts.