Connected to Label-It, Print-It provides a framework for printed label software integration.
It’s designed to make management of label printing simpler, with setup pages to help manage the printout of labels centrally from Business Central.
Cloud Companion Setup
Prior to setting up a printer initial setup must be done via the Print-It with Cloud Companion Setup page. However, it should be noted that only Administrators can do the following setup.
- Locate and click the Print-It with Cloud Companion Setup page via the search function on Business Central.
- Your client ID is automatically populated on this page. Enter the client key that is given to you by Fenwick Software. Your client ID and key will be used to authenticate your requests to Fenwick's Cloud Companion service. Please do not share this key with anyone.
- Upon successful authentication, you should be able to view a list of your available printers by clicking the Cloud Printers... action on the tab.
- Locate and click the Printer Integrations page via the search function on Business Central.
- From here we can create a new Printer Integration setup or edit an existing one. Either way, clicking New or Edit will take us to the same page presenting the numerous option to setup or alter a Printer Setup for labels.
Once on the Printer Integration card, we can see various fields, however, a Cloud ID must be assigned to the Printer Integration card when the Type is Cloud Print. All fields must be populated for this to function correctly. For more information on the various fields on the page please see below a small description:
Field Description CodeSpecifies the code for the printer. DescriptionSpecifies a description for the printer. TypeSpecifies the type of the printer. Cloud IDSpecifies the printer where labels and documents will be printed to.
- To assign the Cloud ID, click on the Ellipsis on the field and the printer's modal will appear on the screen.
- Select your output printer from the list to determine where the label will be printed from and then choose OK.
For more information on the various fields on the list page please see below a small description:
Field Description IDSpecifies the ID for the printer on Fenwick's Cloud Companion service. NameSpecifies the name of the printer. HostnameSpecifies the name of the computer or server where the printers are populated from. PathSpecifies the network path of the printer on the host computer.
- The Cloud ID has now been populated with the selected printer.