This alert example notifies you when the inventory on an item falls below safety stock.
The event that triggers this alert is when an item transaction is posted (ITEMPOST).
This example follows the same steps covered in Creating a new alert using the Wizard.
Step by Step
- From Alert Entries, select Create Alert.
- Select the Item table. The Trigger will be When an Event Occurs. In the Event Code section select ITEMPOST.
- The alert should only be sent when Inventory is less than the Safety Stock Quantity.
Field Value Field Name Inventory Field Type Less Than Value Type Field Value Field No. Select the Safety Stock Quantity field Value Field Text Will be automatically populated based on selection in Value Field No. Value Field Name Will be automatically populated based on selection in Value Field No.
- Select who should be notified. See the Change who an alert is send to guide for options on alert recipient setup.
- Select when the alert should be sent. See the How to schedule Alerts guide for options on schedule setup.
- Review the settings and select Finish to create the Alert