This article will provide a guide to export an existing configuration package to a JSON configuration template file.
Preparing your configuration package for export
- Select the Configuration Package for which you want to export the template.
In this example we will be using the AGL configuration Package.
- Verify the Tables ID and their Destination Table IDs.
The Destination Table Name will be automatically filled if it exists in the current database.
- Verify the field mapping for the selected tables.
Select the Fields action located under the Tables function group.
- Ensure the Destination Field IDs are filled.
The Destination Field Name will be auto-filled if the fields exist in the current database.
The Include Field column will determine if the field is included in the data export.
Note: If the Destination Field ID value is 0 and the Include Field is marked true then the Exported template file assumes that the Source and Destination Field ID are the same.
- Close the field mapping page once you have included all the required fields.
Verify the above steps for all the required tables.
Exporting your configuration package
To export the template from the current database select the Export JSON Template function located under the Process function group.
The JSON template file will be automatically downloaded in your browser. The filename will be of the format <Configuration Code>-Template.json.