A Fenwick Gold Account is used to link your subscription licenses to your system.
If you are running in an On-Premises environment, you will need to have an Azure AD tenant setup for your organization.
If you're using a Microsoft-hosted SaaS version of Business Central, please see Creating your Fenwick Gold Account.
- Part 1. Creating an App Registration in Azure AD
- Part 2. Create a Client Secret for an App Registration
- Part 3. Configure the App registration with the correct API permissions
Part 1. Creating an App Registration in Azure AD
An App Registration will need to be setup on your Azure AD tenant to allow Fenwick Gold Account to securely communicate with our billing service.
Use this complete guide to help you set up a new App Registrations on your Azure AD Tenant.
You can use an existing app registration if it has already been setup for your Business Central app (skip to step 4).
- Open your Azure Management Portal as an administrator.
- Click on New Registration in the App Registrations page.
- Provide a Name for the app registration and click on Register.
- Copy the Application (client) ID value and paste it in the Gold Account wizard.
Part 2. Create a Client Secret for the App Registration
A client secret allows Fenwick Gold to securely communicate with the Gold Account application installed on your Business Central.
- Select Certificates & Secrets for the app registration and click on New Client Secret.
- Provide a Description for the secret and click on Add.
- Copy the value using the copy button and paste it in the Gold Account wizard Client Secret field. Then click Next to proceed.
Part 3. Configure the App registration with the correct API permissions
API permissions are required to authenticate communications between Business Central and your Azure Active Directory.
- Select API Permissions for the registered app and then click on Add a Permission.
- In the section APIs my Organization uses, locate Fenwick Gold Account.
- Select All permissions and click on Add permissions.
- Select the API/Permission Name and grant it Admin Consent.
- Click Next in the Gold Account wizard.