When dimension setup is changed or added to master data (e.g. customer, vendor, item, salesperson) Fenwick Gold Dimension Management can be used to forward these changes to posted and/or unposted documents.
The example shown is for Customers, but the same applies for Salesperson, Items and Vendors.
Change Default Dimension
- Open the Customer Card
- Select Navigate > Dimensions
- Change or add a default dimension. In our example, the CUSTOMERGROUP dimension is changed from MEDIUM to LARGE.
To change the dimensions on posted and/or unposted documents, use the Update Dimensions reports. After changing a document's dimensions, the respective Ledger Entries will also be updated.
There are several update reports:
- Update Salesperson/Purchaser Dimensions
- Update Item Dimensions
- Update Customer Dimensions
- Update Vendor Dimensions
For our example we will run Update Customer Dimensions.
The parameters entered below are to update the CUSTOMERGROUP dimension on posted documents, for customer 10000, where the posting date is 01/01/20 or greater.
Updating Dimensions on Posted Documents
There may be times when a specific document has been posted with the incorrect dimensions. For example, the salesperson or branch dimension may need to be updated. Using Advanced Dimension these can be updated at either the document or line level.
After changing dimensions, the respective Ledger Entries will also be updated.
Control who can change posted document dimensions
Updating dimensions on posted documents is restricted. Permissions are granted in User Setup.
- Use Search to find the User Setup page.
- Tick the Allow Posted Doc. Dim. Update box for relevant users.
Updating the Posted Documents
The example below uses a Posted Sales Invoice but other posted documents can also be updated.
- Open the Posted Sales Invoice. Select Dimensions to open the Dimensions page.
- Change or add a dimension. For users who have permissions, the Dimension Set is editable.
In our example, the SALESPERSON dimension is changed from PS to LM.
- After making the dimension changes, click Yes.
Updating the Posted Document Lines
In cases where the dimension is incorrect on the document line, use the following process.
In our example, the SALESCAMPAIGN Dimension had not been entered on the sales invoice line.
- Open the Dimension Set for the invoice line
- For users who have permissions, the Dimension Set is editable.
Add the SALESCAMPAIGN dimension record and select Close.