Steps below are to setup for BAS.
General Ledger Setup
To populate GST Sales Entries and GST Purchase Entries you must activate GST Report.
Setting up your GST Statement
GST Statements are the template for how the BAS figures should be calculated.
Generally, this will be set up by your business partner in the first instance. The GST Statement will tell the system where to accumulate the data from and which BAS box to accumulate the data into.
Setup using Company Setup Toolkit
- Locate and open GST Statement Templates from search
- Select or create the record for BAS Statement Template, then select Statement Names
- Select or create the record for the default Template Name, then select Edit GST Statement.
- Setup the GST Statement for BAS using the following format, see How to Setup a GST Statement for additional information. An example is shown below.
Where to accumulate data from Type GST Entry Totalling Populate fields Gen. Posting Type GST Bus. Posting Group GST Prod. Posting Group Amount Type
Amount = GST Amount
Base = amount excluding GST
Type Account Totalling Account Totalling Populate with relevant G/L Accounts. Use standard Business Central filters Amount Type Amount Which BAS Box to accumulate data into Type Row Totalling Populate fields Description Box No. Row Totalling
GST Reports Configuration
- Locate and open GST Reports Configuration from search.
- Edit or create a record with the following setup.
Field Value GST Report Type BAS Report GST Report Version CURRENT Suggest Lines Codeunit ID 745 Content Codeunit ID 0 Submission Codeunit ID 0 Response Handler Codeunit ID 0 Validate Codeunit ID 744 Specifies then name of the GST Statement BAS GST Statement Name
DEFAULT (Note: this field may be different depending on the setup of the GST Statement below). This field can also be left blank.
Post Settlement When Submitted
Must be ticked
Disable Post Settlement Fields
Must be ticked
Disable Submit Action
Must be ticked. This field determines the visibility of the Submit action on BAS Report page.
GST Report Setup
Ensure that there is a No. Series setup for BAS Report No. Series
The No. Series may be setup to allow manual numbering, if you wish e.g. to use the BAS Document ID as the BAS Report No.