Setting a field to be Mandatory prevents or warns users from creating/editing a record with missing values.
You can optionally set a field value when a record has Mandatory violations, for example setting a customer to blocked automatically. You can view this configuration here.
- Locate and open the Field Security Setup page via search.
- Under Setup, click the Tables button.
- Highlight the appropriate table (A), and under Process click the Fields button (B).
- In the Trigger field select when the mandatory setting should take effect.
- Toggle Mandatory for each field you would like to be mandatory.
Note: Any signed-in users need to sign out to have the changes take effect.
Display Warning instead of Error
By using warning instead of an error, any changes to the record are saved and not cleared. A warning is logged which can be viewed on the Field Security Warnings page.
To set this, select Warning in the Type field under the field configuration.
Set Field Value on Warning
When a warning is triggered, a value can be set on the record. To configure this, use the following steps.
- Specify the field you'd like to set in the Set Field on Warning field.
- Set the desired value in Set Value on Warning.