Setting Restrictions prevents unauthorized users from changing or clearing a value of fields.
Step by Step
- Locate and open the Field Security Setup page via search.
- Under Setup, click the Tables button.
- Highlight the appropriate table (A), and under Process click the Fields button (B).
- Highlight the appropriate field you would like to be restricted.
- In the Restricted field, use the drop down button (A) to select how you would like the restriction to be applied, and assist edit button (B) to select which Users/Groups the restrictions should apply to (C).
- In the Allow First Entry field, toggle if you would like the first entry of the field to be unrestricted.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 for each field you would like to be restricted.
Note: Any signed-in users need to sign out to have the changes take effect.