When a you post an Item, Work Center, Or Machine Center with Overhead lines, detailed overhead value entries are created.
To view these detailed overhead value entries,
1. Type “Detailed Overhead Value Entries” in the search.
2. From the Value Entries Page.
- "Detailed Overhead Entries" action.
- Drilldown on the Overhead Value Entries Column.
3. Navigate Page.
- From the Posted document launch the Navigate Page
- Within the Navigate Page, an entry labelled “Detailed Overhead Value Entries” should be visible.
Note: This entry will only be visible if Detailed overhead values were created for the document.
Creating Detailed Overhead Entries
Purchase Order -Example
1. Create an Item with Purchase Overhead Lines.
2. Receive and Invoice a Purchase order with this Item.
3. (Optional) Depending on the Inventory Posting setup, you may need to run the “Post Inventory Cost to G/L” report
4. Open the posted document (Purchase Invoice) and navigate to Detailed Overhead Value entries.
5. Verify the Cost Posted to the General Ledger by navigating to the General Ledger Entries page
6. Verify that the G/L Account Number matches the selected Overhead Group Applied account.
Production Order – Example
1. Create an Item with Routing Lines.
2. Assign overhead lines to the Work centre and Machine centre used in the routing line.
3. Create and post a production order for this item. Ensure the following are completed:
- Consumption for the production order has been posted.
- The Production order should be in the Finished status.
- Adjust Cost Item Entries report has been run after finishing the production order.
4. (Optional) Depending on the Inventory Posting setup, you may need to run the “Post Inventory Cost to G/L” report
5. Navigate to the posted document and verify the Detailed Overhead Value Entries and Cost Posted to the GL.
6. Verify General Ledger amounts posted and account number they were posted to.