Over time, logging tables can grow to millions of entries.
Using the IT Admin Toolkit’s Data Maintenance to automatically clean these tables and keep only a set number of past records. This keeps these tables smaller in size, and easier to search.
The Data Maintenance functionality requires two setup tasks:
- Setting up the Data Maintenance Entry
- Setting up the Job Queue Entry
Setting up the Data Maintenance Entry
- From the Search, find the Data Maintenance Entries page.
- Select the table you want to manage and set the Records Order Than field to maintain a suitable period of history.
Recommended tables for data maintenance cleanup
The following tables should be periodically have old entries cleaned up:
- Report Inbox
- Interface Controller Inbox
- Interface Controller Log Entry
- Interface Controller
- Job Queue Log Entry
- Change Log Entry
- TF Mobile Document Queue
Setting up the Job Queue Entry
- From Search, Find the Job Queue Entries page.
- Create a new Job Queue Entry with the following parameters.
Field Value Object Type to Run Codeunit Object ID to Run 16041463 Parameter String CLEANUP
- Set the required frequency of the Job on the Recurrence tab.
- Once the setup is complete, set the job to a status of Ready from the Process menu.
Receive an error notification on job failure
Should the Job fail for whatever reason, a notification email can be sent.
To achieve this, enable the Send Error Notification and specify a recipient email address.
See Improvements to the Job Queue for more information.