Print-It with Cloud Companion connects you on-premises printers to Business Central via the Fenwick Cloud Companion online service, and enables you to print reports and labels (together with Label-It) to your local printers.
Print-It with Cloud Companion works with the Fenwick Cloud Companion online service to make printing possible for both cloud-hosted and on-premises Business Central environments.
Before you can use the app in Business Central, you will need to contact Fenwick Software support and provide your Client ID so we can send you an installation package to be installed on your on-premises server.
To do so, please ensure that you have the app installed in your Business Central environment. Open the Print-It with Cloud Companion Setup page via the Search box.
On the setup page, copy the Client ID (which is a GUID value) and send it to our support team.
We will then provide the installation package together with the Client Key for connecting to Fenwick Cloud Companion service in Business Central, and then follow this article to set up the Cloud Companion (Server Edition) agent.
Allowing External Web Requests for the extension
- Open the Extension Management page via the Search box
- Navigate to the Print-It with Cloud Companion extension on the list. Select the ellipsis icon on the record and then choose the Configure action
- Tick the Allow HttpClient Requests option. This option allows the extension to make external HTTP requests to Fenwick Cloud Companion service in Business Central.
Setting up Print-It with Cloud Companion for the first time
- Open the Assisted Setup page via the Search box
- On the Assisted Setup list page, choose Set up Print-It with Cloud Companion, and then the assisted setup page will be opened.
- In the first step, read the description and then choose the Next action
- The Client ID field will automatically populated based on your current Azure environment. Enter the Client Key that is provided to you and then choose the Next action.
Note: If you have not received a Client Key, please contact Fenwick Software for assistance.
- In this step, you will set up the initial printers that you want to use for printing reports or labels in Business Central. Fill out the Code and Description values for the printer, and the choose the ellipsis option on the Cloud ID field.
- A dialog will appear on the screen. On the Cloud Printers dialog, choose your on-premise printer for the printer integration and then choose the OK action.
- The Cloud ID will be automatically filled with the ID of your selected printer. Repeat steps 5 and 6 if you wish to set up the remaining printers now, you can always set up or edit the printers later. Choose the Next action when you have finished.
- You are done with the initial setup for Print-It with Cloud Companion. Choose the Finish action to complete the setup.
For more information on setting more printer integrations and printing reports using Print-It with Cloud Companion, see the articles below:
- Setting up printer integration
- Setting up printer management in Business Central 16.0
- Printing reports with Cloud Companion
Print-It with Cloud Companion also works with Label-It which enables label printing in Business Central.